Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Juuuuuuuust a little update....:)

Well for starters I'm sorry that its been almost two months without so much as a "hey I'm still here!" I always wonder who reads my blog, but my stats show that enough people do that, I should probably keep it up a little better! :)

Fast track update: The biggest thing is that we moved! We are all settled in our new place. Love the neighborhood and the location. Its so convenient to everything. My cousin also recently moved and she's just a few miles down the road now. I love it!

Second is that the job I got will start next month. I got to meet the baby today! It made me really excited about starting! He's so precious, only about five weeks old. His parents are really laid back, which is awesome. I always tell people that nannying is 50% your relationship to the child, and 50% with the parents. They seem like they'll be good to work with! :)

We got back Sunday from our week long annual beach trip. It rained some, but I don't think there was a day where we weren't at least in the pool and hot tub. We got to go the the aquarium but spent most of our time at the house, which was nice after such a whirlwind summer!

I am currently caring for AH's charge, since she is south for a few weeks. (more on this later) Its been nice to have a reason to get up early, and have something to do during the days. He keeps me good company! :) We enjoyed a walk through the neighborhood together, have worked on maps, and make a chain so we know how many more days until she is home! Its such a blessing that he is comfortable enough with me that she can trust me to care for him. He's so sweet! He got to meet the baby today too, and has talked about him a little bit. Not sure how he feels about it, since he's been the only little one for so long!

If you recall, last fall I started a series on my blog that I called "Jesus & Jeans" and it was my way of approaching things that, well that can sometimes be called "controversial". Not that I want to start problems, but I want my voice to be heard about things that I am passionate about.

So this week I am hoping to work on and post a "part two" to my Halloween series. If you missed those, you can read the original post here and the follow up here. Stick with me if you're interested in reading more of what I've been learning! :)

No comments: