Tuesday, July 29, 2014

It's time.

I have been so ready for this moment for so long...and now that it's finally here, I'm not sure I'm ready to embrace it. I write from the floor of an empty family room. My Georgia peaches and Little are playing around outside, making my mood much lighter. But in the back of my mind I'm still going "this is it. This is where this ends." Every ending is sad, and even though there is something new, and great, and wonderful starting, I can't help but get a little choked on emotion as I look around. All the memories, the good and the bad, came at me in a rush this morning as the last few things of mine were taken from my room. How many people had been in that room, how many tears it had seen, secrets it had heard. How many nights I laid looking at the dark ceiling. How many friends I had there, and memories with each one. There's been this part in me through this whole process that has reared its ugly head; reminding me how good it will be to have a "clean slate". But today, the part that was more active was the one that was exceedingly more emotional. I have been quiet today. Just setting myself to the grindstone and staying there. But now, the inside is mostly quiet. The house is still, the walls are bare, and the floors are clean. The last second items are scattered across the floor in various boxes, bags and baskets. We're leaving soon. Soon this house will not be home. Although I am SO excited to be moving, and I am happy about the area and the house we are moving to, I can't help but feel just a little sad today.

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the heart of fools. Say not, 'Why were the former days better than these?' For it is not from wisdom that you ask this." Ecclesiastes 3:1, 7:8-10

1 comment:

Kimber Scotland said...

Every change seems to be difficult...the same emotions you have are sort of what I went through with Hannah moving to NE. SO excited for her and Dylan and what God was doing in their lives, but so sad for myself and all the memories we made together that would rarely be made anymore. It's a tough spot, but a great spot because Jesus never leaves us. :)
Kimber :)