Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Down for the count

After a nasty stomach bug whipped through my sister's family, we went to visit to celebrate J's birthday, thinking they were on the mend. Turns out, we all got sick! So back south came several sick families, all in the name of love! :)

But this stuff has really had this household down for the count! Monday night it crept in on me and the Little, and by the wee morning hours the other three in the house were down with it. Which led to a Tuesday spent in our rooms, and honestly, due to a wild and high fever, most of us don't remember much of it! Today has been survived on crackers, Gatorade, and a number of movies and episodes of Call the Midwife.


However among the fevers and other un-pleasantries(I'll spare you the details), I mentioned to Pop that I was very thankful for it. With the move rapidly approaching, I feel like our world is getting ready to spin out of control, and it's very nice to have a reason to just bring it in, just be us, and just be at home together before that happens. A bit of "calm before the storm" if you will. (Only...maybe not so calm?)

It seems that we are now all on the mend, though a number of us are still a little nervous about eating anything other than some lightly sweetened cereal and ginger ale! :)

As the move approaches, I probably won't have time to blog a lot (as if I have been blogging well now...;)) so pray for our family as we make this transition! :)

Xo,
Mal

No comments: