Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I'm so behind

You know those times in life when something really matters to you and you just can't do it right then, and then it never gets done? Yeah well it has taken a stomach bug roaring its ugly head through my whole family for me to sit down and write this post. But this kid matters just the same to me.

I like to have like that one thing that I associate with each of my nephews. I find it important. For the oldest...its "ninja" school. We spar and kick and enjoy carrying on. Its my thing with him. As for the younger two, we haven't quite gotten  there. But there is this one thing, that I can think of that I just smile all over my body when it comes to #2.

See, in May of 2011, for the first time in my life, I lost someone dear and precious to me. I felt like everything was dark and heavy. But not a full two months later, God gave my family a gift. A tiny, wrinkled baby that lit up my world. He was the sunshine I needed right then. And I was so very thankful for God's timing.

Well on July 2, that little Sunshine turned three! We headed north on Sunday to celebrate him, and to this day, he is that gift of the summer.

The birthday boy and I at his "blue" party! :) When did he get so big??

No comments: