Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I plead the Blood

Growing up, my sisters and I watched a series called The Super Kids. Think 80's/90's cheap special effects, with the lead roll being the daughter of charismatic, name-it-claim-it pastor, Kenneth Copeland. Watching them as an adult? They're a little much. But as a kid, those movies were the bomb dot com. I actually remember when the last one came out('99 to clarify, there was a new one put out in 2013, and this one I have not seen)

The last (of the original) movies was when the leader of the group of kids, Commander Kellie was put on trial for being a Christian. As a little kid, I didn't get a lot of the lessons in the movie. Right over my head.

But the other day in church, (confession time) I zoned out. The pastor had just made a comment about how God punishes sins. That was all it took. One little phrase popped into my head.

I plead the Blood.

The thought took me right back to 2000 on the living room floor, watching as the bald, sleazy judge asks Commander Kellie if she pleads guilty or innocent, and after standing silent for a time, she says "I plead the Blood."

Once the thought was settled into my mind, I considered what it actually meant.

I plead the Blood.

What an enormous thing to be able to say.

you.

stand.

guilty.

You're guilty.

But JESUS came in, and took that punishment that you rightly deserved. You're still not innocent, but you no longer stand in your shame and sin, your life has been paid for, and you stand coated in the Blood of the most innocent Man to ever walk the earth. The only Man that has ever been both fully man, and fully God.

You are no longer charged as guilty. You have pled the Blood, and you walk a free man. Free only because of Christ, free only IN Christ!

What a massive thing to be thankful for, as we move into a season of thanksgiving. Be so beyond words thankful friends, that we live in the time in history, when we can plead the Blood.

No comments: