Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Great is His Faithfulness: A guest post

Thank you, R. Andy, for writing this beautiful piece!

"The Lord is at work. There is beauty found in him even when there's none in me. The lilac and peach tea will smell just as sweet even when I screw up. The sun setting over the dogwood in streaks of gold and teal will be just as radient even when I feel like a failure. The first fireflies blinking in the spring brease will be just as thrilling even when I'm a mess. A glittering star peaking through an oak tree's branches is just as whimsical while I'm crumbling. The beauty of nature doesn't depend on me being perfect. It doesn't depend on me at all. All of this beauty comes from its creator and he is still marvellous even when I'm floundering. He is still God even when my life revolves around Netflix and procrastination. He is still good even when I do the things I shouldn't and obstain from doing the things I should. He is still looking after me even when I feel trapped in my own depravity. Nothing can change him. My doubts don't phase him, my failures don't take him by suprise. He knows me, he knows what it takes to bring me to my knees. He knows what is necessary to take the dust out of my eyes and remind me of my dependence on him. While I am filthy, repulsive and hopeless he is gentle, good, and loving. All the beauty of his creation points back to him. And he loves me. He has chosen to live in me. In all of his children. Even though nothing good can come from us he wants to have a relationship with us. He wants to work something beautiful in us. And it's subtle sometimes, only to be seen from the corner of your eye. But his grace is at work. His mercies are new every morning. Great is his faithfulness."

1 comment:

Wilson family said...

Amen! Hanks for sharing this! You're my beautiful mess!!