Monday, May 4, 2015

Dress a Day!

In a world full of equalization of men and women, there seems to be an increasing number of attempts to eliminate the distinct differences between us. And when living in this kind of world, it's nice to embrace the femininity God has blessed me with. And although for me and my lifestyle, skirts and dresses are not always the most practical option, they can be my only option for say, a month? So for the month of May, I am embarking on my second "Dress a Day in May: challenge, and so far it's been remarkably easy. Why? Because leggings.

Leggings have become a staple in my wardrobe the last two years, and into the spring and summer they continue to be so. They are like magical little things designed purely for making my life easier. I work out in them, sleep in them, wear them to do yard work, wear them under skirts/ dresses(either for modesty or for leg coverage when it's cold.*)

But enough about my obsession with the little black wonders and back to the blog post at hand:

I was incredibly excited about DaDiM this year! So much so that I dragged my sisters to two different Goodwills on April 30. And although I only came away with one skirt and one dress, I was ready, ready, ready to start!





As you can tell from at least my first two, gray has become a recent favorite of mine. I don't intentionally look for gray clothing, but I do like wearing it a lot.

The skirt in the bottom picture is one of my Goodwill finds! Its got a thick waist band(my personal favorite!) and it's got so much materiel in the skirt that it just goes out when I spin! Such a fun skirt, and it's not like anything else I own. It's got a lot of yellow(yeah...I own no yellow) and orange with little teal coloured specks in it.

So here we are! Ta-da! The first three days! I'll probably blog through several days at a time, instead of posting each day! :)

Happy Dress a Day to any other participating ladies!

*Three words for ya: Fleece. Lined. Leggings.

No comments: