Tuesday, November 26, 2013

19 reasons why I am not taken seriously

A few weeks ago, I celebrated my 19th birthday! Hooprah! However, I feel that even a year after entering adulthood, I am yet to be taken seriously. After a self examination, I've come up with 19 reasons why. This is primarily for laughs, but here goes!

  1. For the most part, I tend to get along with people younger than me better than people my age. Some of my close friends ranking in at 2 &1/2 and 3 1/2 years younger than me. This said, I guess people look at me an still see a 16/17 year old. Oh well! :)
  2. I still don't have my license! After about a year of complete and total fear of driving, when I finally decided I was ready, it was a combination of leftover fear and procrastination that has drawn the process out over about two years now. Hopefully by January I will have my license! We'll see how I feel about that when the time comes! 
  3. I cannot wait for my 21 birthday. And no, not for cultural-norm reasons. Every seven years, your taste-buds change, right? So when I turn 21, they will change for the third time in my life! Who knows; maybe I'll finally like sauerkraut??
  4. I don't have a "real" job. I work at home as a nanny, and have been told often that I need a "real" job not at home. I wonder if people realize how much I love my job? 
  5. I love romance novels. These are my guilty pleasure. And as long as its a trusted Cristian author, I'm grabbing and devouring it's pages. Some people see this as a childish pastime?
  6. In addition to novels, I collect name books. I find them fascinating, and name history/origin are fun to study to me. Apparently this is just a stupid pastime, but hey, as a hobby-author, they come quite handy! 
  7. I am a total goof. I make the most ridiculous faces in pictures, I'm loud in public, and I don't have loads of street-smarts. (Street-smarts being socially normal things. Educated? Yes. Up-to-date on lingo? Absolutely not.) 
  8. I only paint the nails on my left hand. I have still yet to master painting with my non-dominate hand, so my right hand stays bare unless someone is able to help me.
  9. I still have most of the Beanie Babies my grandmother has gotten for me of the course of the 19 years I've roamed this planet. 
  10. I still wear my retainer. Apparently uncool?
  11. I still rock my sneakers on a regular basis. 
  12. I have a nintindo64 in my room, and yes I still play my Super Mario frequently. Princess Peach and all. I promise, its still quite entertaining. 
  13. I like change(my room arrangement, my hair colour, etc.), which I'm told is "indication that I have no idea what I want in life." ...ok? 
  14. I'm addicted to those little squares of caramel that come individually wrapped in clear plastic, and now keep a hefty stock of them in my purse. Not socially acceptable for someone of my age to want candy? Oops.
  15. I can be terribly indecisive, but usually about food or where to go to shop or "hang out". (I would rather just stay at someone's house than go somewhere anyways.) 
  16. I still very much so enjoy sleepovers with my friends. I don't mind them one bit and was told I would outgrow them by now. OHHHH WELLLLLL.
  17. I have a slight obsession with the colour pink. I love pink a lot. (Although much to my surprise, I selected a purple bedspread, and I quite like it!)
  18. I still really enjoy sleeping in. And although it's quite lazy of me, I do when I get the chance (pretty much, Saturdays.) This is apparently supposed to end when you hit adulthood.
  19. And not particularly last and not least, but lastly, I love my childhood stuffed animals and blankets to date. Although I no longer sleep with them, they have never been packed up, nor do I intend for them to be. 
Hope you got a good chuckle at my shamelessly "childish" ways! :) I had fun coming up with them! 

1 comment:

Wilson Family said...

For the record, you'll always be one of my babies! =) I am glad for the 19 things you listed! It makes you you! Keep being just who God made you! Go against the social norm! It makes a strong confident young Godly woman! I love you!-Mom