Friday, August 25, 2017

Dear Future Husband,

I write a lot. I like to write, I express myself well in writing, and I've been thinking about you recently. So I hope you like to read letters, because I decided to write you one. I can't talk to you, but I can write you.

As I am establishing myself more and more in adulthood, on the cusp of 23, and being more and more decided in my convictions, I am praying more and more that my heart and life is one that is going to fit with yours. I'm not exactly chasing my dreams right now, so I hope that when the Father finally brings us together, there are dreams we share, and if not, that we develop dreams together. Oh how I love to dream!

I want to sit and talk with you, in the early morning when there's still dew on the ground, over a cup of coffee. I hope you like coffee.

I want to be your biggest fan. I promise you right now, I will not understand all the time, but I will always be team you.

I want to have health goals, and work out with you. I want to spend Sunday nights meal prepping with you, and making good choices together!

But I also want to sit down with a pint of Ben & Jerry's and watch Netflix.

I hope you like to go on adventures. I want to go to so many places in my city alone that would be better with you. I hope your up for that.

I also hope you like to do things that I've never done before. Like hiking, I hope you like to hike. I've never been, but I want you to take me. Maybe it's something we'll do together!

I want to fight with you. Not the "I'm right, you're wrong" kind of fight, but the kind of fight that pushes me to be a better person, that forces me to see things someone else's way. The kind of fighting that makes our marriage tough, because we know how to fight well, and we know what's worth fighting for.

I want to grow our home. I want to decorate our walls with pictures of our family, I want to have babies, and I want to raise them with you.

I want to be not just your bride, but your best friend. I want to be your person.

I can't wait for the first time you take me home to mom and dad. I can't wait to meet your family. I can't wait to learn the quirks you grew up with, and discover those you have taken into adulthood.

I can't wait to learn your favorite song, Christmas tradition, color, way you take your coffee, greatest memory, favorite vacation spot, salvation story, biggest fear, bucket list, and favorite pastime.

I don't care if we have all the same passions or not; it's ok if you don't love coffee and 50's music the way I do.

Just be loving Jesus, and find me soon, ok? <3

No comments: