Monday, January 5, 2015

writer's block

I'm stuck again.

My heart is over flowing with thoughts.

Good thoughts like, what a lovely Christmas we had. How many surprises there were. How much family time was available to us. How we discovered a niece on the way! But every time I try to write, nothing comes out the way I think it should.

I have some "honest" thoughts too. And if I thought happy thoughts were hard, being honest is even harder. There's something about the ugliness of vulnerability that I can't make sound eloquent at all. Its choppy and frustrating. I'm trying to find the balance between humility and discretion, and failing miserably. If I share too much, I feel that it may come across wrong or even inappropriate. If I share too little I think I make myself look too good.

And so this tango between happy and humble is where I find myself.

What do you write about when you have so much rolling around in your head? If you're like me, you do this. A writer's block post. Where you let readers know that you're still here. Let them know whats going on in your head without writing posts about it all, and give a glimpse into your heart that says: "I have so much to say that I'm at a loss for words."

And that is where I shall leave you all. I'm distracted by the Tiny House Nation playing in the background of my thoughts and still, not able to put two logical thoughts together. Hoping for a decent blog post soon!

No comments: